Wednesday, November 18, 2009

MEGA UPDATE.

I have been Idle with blogging for awhile,Il post some pictures and provide explanations for them and hopefully they will be like pieces in a puzzle and you will all get your froth on

Ok,so on the 6th of MOVEMBER,Glen Sullivan,Myles Bushel and yours truly packed the car and left the shire for the QLD,the sunshine state.The weather was absolutely terrible and at times I was actually a litle worried.
It was a good trip and we stopped off at the dunes factory for sully to get a snakeskin suit(sies) and then on too the Turbo Factoy in port Mac.We headed out at breakwall and man you can see just why Port has bred such amazing Bodyboarders,the wave is a skatepark.We finally rolled in to QLD at 11pm and I was swiftly whisked off to Surfers paradise for a fun night out before the comp started and things got serious.


This was the 2nd best heat I have ever surfed and I will never forget it,coming out the water to applause and camera's is something I have never experienced before and I really felt amazing,even if it sounds gay to admit,one of my greatest achievements for sure!


The contest site at Duranbah beach which is funnily enough technically in NSW,a super rampy and bowly wave and the water was suuuuper warm.
The event was sooo well organised with live scoring and brand expo's,I loved it and hope to see SABA reach these heights soon!
On the far side of that second breakwall is a wave known as end wedge which is where I spent most of my time free surfing,so fun!


Arriving home on sunday evening suuper late we saw we were in for a bit of swell,after two days of not quite days at the reefs and some biiiig beachy sessions,this was what greeted us at dawn on wednesday.Somewhere you wish you were.


This was easily one of the funnest sessions I have had in awhile,heavy Left barrels,Sully and Myself out,A photog and a videographer at our disposal,you couldnt get us down,barrel after barrel,BEATING after beating,all smiles!
.

1 comment: